Drip. Drip. Drip. Did you know the average American household wastes more than 10,000 gallons of water each year from water leaks? Gee whiz! That’s enough water to wash nearly ten months of laundry according to the super smart folks at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Clean water is our most important resource. Without it, we would all bite the dust! To promote water awareness, the EPA has designated March 18-24, 2013 as Fix a Leak Week. It’s time to replace those drippy faucets and runny toilets with EPA WaterSense labeled products. Good for the environment and your bank account.
· 70% of the earth’s surface is water; less than 1% is suitable for human use
· Each American uses an average of 100 gallons of water a day
· Toilets account for 30% of indoor residential water use
· Over your lifetime, you’ll likely flush the toilet nearly 140,000 times
· A leaky toilet can waste about 200 gallons of water a day
· You can use up to 8 gallons of water while brushing your teeth
· Approximately 5-10% of American homes have leaks that drip away 90 gallons a day or more
· WaterSense products use 20-30% percent less water
Even though WaterSense products— toilets, faucets and showerheads—use less water, you don’t sacrifice quality or water pressure. Manufacturers like Delta and American Standard have gone all techie and created products that use less water more efficiently. You won’t have to flush several times or be left with soapy hair!
Nip that drip ‘cause every drop counts! Come on in to one of Modern Supply’s seven locations and see WaterSense fixtures that can save you money and water!